Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Feature request: toggled sub-menu points

New Front EN Support Forums Shogun Theme Support Feature request: toggled sub-menu points

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    skafte
    Participant

Hi again,

Another feature request (sorry!): it would be great if it was possible to make sub-menu points toggle. As of now, if you have quite a few sub-menu points, then the mobile menu becomes really long.

Thanks,

Jonas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

that makes sense, thank you for noting!

I’ve prepared the beta code, please download this archive, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the main theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Shogun/). Let me know if it works as intended!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skafte
    Participant

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Only thing is that now it doesn’t work to have the parent menu point working as a link as well – but I guess that would have been the case no matter what. You can’t have everything! :-)

Also, I hope these requests/questions are not only a help to me, but also to the further development of the theme.

Cheers Andrii!

Jonas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

I can’t think of any way to combine the possibility to click on the parent menu items with the new expanding mobile menu – do you have any ideas how we could do that?

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skafte
    Participant

Nah, not really. And it’s fine anyway – I’ll just add an ‘all’ page at the very top of the sub-menu.

By the way. If you choose to add this feature to the next version of Shogun, then perhaps consider adding a small arrow or a + that shows that the menu point can be unfolded. I think perhaps that would be helpful.

Thanks again for your help solving this!

Jonas

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Jonas,

good point! I’ve added chevrons to the items that can be unfolded – here are the updated theme files.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

skafte
    Participant

Wow! Now that’s what I call efficient! Thanks – looks great! :-)

J

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.