Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Extensionsprecognized

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support Extensionsprecognized

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey JM,

I always like to read some French, but for two reasons – firstly, since mine is enough to understand the technical matter but definitely not sufficient to explain it, and secondly – because I want the information on this forum to be accessible to all future visitors who would benefit from the knowledgebase, I will answer in English:

Regarding the two portfolio pages: sorry, I forgot that there were multiple instances of referring to a specific portfolio page template (the conditional call “is_page_template(‘page_portfolio.php’)”) in several important theme files that determine the look of the theme – we would have to expand them all to include the two new portfolio templates. You can do it yourself if you are familiar with PHP; I can also do it, but this will take some time, and since it is a custom change that is not initially envisaged by the theme’s architecture, it will be below my priority to answer other support requests. I hope for your understanding!

Regarding your second question about portfolio images: the easiest way to create a gallery project is to upload images into the project by using the native WordPress “Add media” button; simply choose multiple images in the pop-up window, upload them, and insert into the post – the gallery is built automatically from the images attached to that specific post. If by “managing the images” you mean controlling their order, you can do so by setting the image names so that they are uploaded in the needed order – unfortunately, WordPress code offers little flexibility in this aspect, hopefully they will introduce more user-friendly features in the next version update. In case I’ve missed the point, please let me know!

Concerning the language, I am fine with you writing in French if it is easier for you (English is also fine of course!); I will still answer in English for the reasons I’ve mentioned in the beginning of this post ;)

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

plumdhom
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Thank’s for answers.
    Sorry for me that the gestion of portfolio was restricted for one, actually. But I understand. I hope that there are soon others users of this theme which will like get the facility to have many different portfolios. Just tell me one, when you’ll make it :).
    About image mangement, you’ve right, and I know that since longtime, this image management is not the best quality of WP. But, if I use your method ( by WP native and creat e galery), the result is modified par le choic of format (galery, image, en passant, defaut…).
    And sometimes, the image cache is not empty, and make problems.
    I prefer used the shortcode and the SLvo caroussel, but it’s not the perfect way.
    Best regards
    JM

plumdhom
    Participant

Hi Andrew

It seems to me that there is a problem with the theme and the user role:
    for a new user, with has an editor role, normally the user can be access the theme option.
    Not with this theme: if you plug on admin with an editor role, the menu Theme option is not visible.
    Only on administrator user role.

Best regards

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey JM,

regarding the last issue you mention: this is not an error but was done deliberately, since the Theme Options panel contains some sensitive settings which can significantly affect the entire website – I did not intend such settings to be available to users who are only editors and not the owners/administrators of the website. However, I’ve prepared a custom file for you which you can use to show the Theme Options panel to editors as well: please download this archive from my vault, unzip it, and upload the contained file into the following folder: /wp-content/themes/Ikebana/includes/option-tree/classes/.

Please let me know if the custom file is working!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

plumdhom
    Participant

Hi JM

Thank’s very musch for the custom version; but it wasn’t a big problem for me and not for my actually customer but I know some customers who want all the roles except the delete. And, as with the extension “User role editor” the theme option was show actived in editor user role (or author role) , that can made think to a bug. I undestand perfectly your reasons.
    I’ve just tested your new version, and it’s not work with user role editor or author (where normally, theme option must be possible).We can see the menu “Theme options” but when we click inside, there is a windwos who say”You have not the good role (les droits suffisants) to modify theme options.
    Sorry
    Best regards

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Ah, you’re right, I forgot to change the capability settings in another place in the file! Try this one now.

Best,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.