Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

"Details" on portfolio go to 404 page

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support "Details" on portfolio go to 404 page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lilsuz
    Participant

Hi there,
    Sorry to hit you with so many questions! Next question: I’m now putting writing samples in portfolio form, instead of wrestling with blog (still curious about the header issue though). Appreciating you for the beauty of the portfolio layout, btw. WOW!
    1) At the end of my text chunk, where it says “Details”…clicking on that takes me to a 404 page. I want it to go to a page that features that one item with a comment box, like it does on the Fuji sample site.
    2) Anyway I can change the text of “Details” to say something like “Comments”? I imagine its embedded in the code somewhere.
    OK, that’s all,..for now. ;-)
    Suz

lilsuz
    Participant

More clues: When I’m editing a portfolio item, I got to the 404 page when I attempt the following:
    1) Click on the “View Project” button to the right of the permalink under the title box.
    2) Click on the “Preview changes” button in the Publish box to the right of the WYSIWYG editor box.

mmsatoristudio

Hi there once again, Suz :)

Let me go by the list
    1). This sounds odd. Could you please provide the URL of your website so I could check it out?
    2). Yes, sure, this is exactly why I’ve built in a quick translation module: go to “Localization” on the bottom of your admin menu and input the existing word or expression and the expression you wish to replace it with. Please note that in case of the particular instance you mentioned, you’ll need to add a space before and after “Details” (i.e. make it ” Details “, without quotation marks of course) for the system to recognize the word.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

lilsuz
    Participant

WHOAAA…duuudeee….What kinda magic mojo you got going on over there?? I got 404 page all day yesterday, from every which way, on all my devices (lap, ipad, iphone) and from those admin pages. Still broken this morning. Now, I read your reply, go back to look at situation and again…AND IT’S WORKING. wth?? The *only* thing I have changed to the site is the header fix you suggested in the other post. That’s it. whuuut? I am confused and happy!
    oh and the “Details” replacement worked like a charm. Even added a line break (look out…noob playing with HTML!). Looks very pretty!
    ~Suz
    PS I appreciate the kindness and patience I see coming through in all your posts here in the forums. A+ customer service. :)

mmsatoristudio

Thanks, Suz, it’s always nice to hear such things!

Please let me know if the 404 error appears again on portfolio pages – if this is a repeating bug, I’ll need to correct it in the theme files for the next theme update.

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.