Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

customizing styles

New Front EN Support Forums Ikebana Theme Support customizing styles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

How can I change the following things to customize my look?
    – Headline font and color (h2, h3, etc)
    – Position of the icon menu (I would like to move it over slightly left so that the icons line up with the center of my logo)
    – Custom sidebar text widget content (add paragraphs, use font sizes/styles, add links)

Thank you!
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Leslye,

I will go over the issues in the same order:

1). The in-text heading font color should be changed in the “Body subheading text color” field on the “Style: Content, Widgets” tab of the Theme Options panel, yet I’ve double-checked it and there seems to be a bug with this option. I’ve uploaded the fix here – please download the file, unzip it, and upload into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Ikebana) via ftp. My apologies for this one, and thank you for pointing it out! I will also include the fix in the upcoming theme update.

2). Icon menu position is not adjustable via the admin back-end, for the sake of preserving the layout and visual style of the theme. However, it can be done by adding custom CSS (into the textarea in the “Style: Add Custom CSS” tab of the Theme Options panel):
    body #iconmenu { margin-left: -74px !important; }
    The “-74” is the default position; any number smaller than that (e.g. -90) will move the menu to the left.

3). The content of the text widget is determined by what you insert into it – the WordPress’ built-in text widget is not a part of any particular theme, so you’ll need to use in-text styling there; you can simply create the content you need in a new post editor, then switch to the “Text” mode via the tab on the top right of the editing area, copy the code, and paste it into the text widget.

Should you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

All three fixes work great. Many thanks!

leslyejoy
    Participant

Hi Andrew.

After experimenting a little, the #3 fix works great to format the custom sidebars, but one anomaly: When the in-text styling calls out a head, the heading in the sidebar shows up the wrong color. Is there something else I need to change?

Thanks!
    Leslye

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Leslye,

regarding the sidebar text widget styling – could you please provide the URL of the page with the widget? Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrew / Satori Studio

leslyejoy
    Participant

Sorry, I am developing the site on my laptop. But I will email you a screenshot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.