Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Custom Social Network Issue

New Front EN Support Forums Tokyo Theme Support Custom Social Network Issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    noisesev
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m having some trouble adding a custom social network (Soundcloud). I’ve uploaded a 22 x 22 px png image with a transparent background but after saving it does not appear. What’s more, using Firefox the Facebook logo is not displayed either (it works just fine with Internet Explorer and Safari).

Best,

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Noisesev,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

I’m trying to determine if it is a theme’s bug at the moment – could you please download this potential fix, unzip it, and upload the resulting file into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Tokyo/), replacing the existing file. Then refresh the website and let me know if the custom icon appears.

Regarding the Facebook logo – could you please provide the URL of the website in question, I need to look at the code to troubleshoot. Thanks!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

noisesev
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve downloaded the file. However, I’m unfamiliar with WordPress and am unsure how to upload the fix.

I’m only just setting up the website so it’s not online yet. How can I access the source code and forward it to you?

Regards,

Christopher

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Noisesev,

If your website is stored locally on your computer at the moment, you can simply copy the files from the archive I’ve sent earlier into the /wp-content/themes/Tokyo/ folder inside your local WordPress folder. Unfortunately I cannot do it for you while your website is run locally.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

noisesev
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

The website is online but only accessible as an admin. Regular visitors see a counter at the moment: http://www.noises.de

How do I upload the fix?

Best,

Christopher

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Christopher,

you can upload the files via ftp (my personal favourite free ftp client is FileZilla), into the following folder inside your WordPress installation:
    /wp-content/themes/Tokyo

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

noisesev
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

The fix worked. Thanks very much!

However, I just stumbled upon a similar issue: The standard scroll to top button is not displayed (the link where it is supposed to be works though). A custom button is displayed…

Is there any way of changing the order of the social icons in the header by the way?

Regards,

Christopher

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by noisesev.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by noisesev.
    mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Christopher,

you’re right, the image source is broken; sorry about this one! Please try unzipping this file and uploading the result into the theme folder (/wp-content/themes/Tokyo/). Let me know if the button appears!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

noisesev
    Participant

Andrii,

This fix worked too!

Cheers,

Christopher

noisesev
    Participant

Oh and is there any way of changing the order of the social icons in the header by the way?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.