Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

custom header/too much space above/not showing up on other pages

New Front EN Support Forums Fuji Theme Support custom header/too much space above/not showing up on other pages

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sawid24
    Participant

Hi , I am back for you help. I have a custom header but it only shows up on the Home page. Is there a way to have it show on every page in my site? Second, I use the Sub menue under the header and it seems there is too much empty space above the header image where the top menue would be. Is there a way to decrease that empty space?
    Thank you,
    Sandra

sawid24
    Participant

Another question? I downloaded the logo fix, but now I am thinking of using just a small logo to not waste all that real estate. How can I get a small logo back on the page if I can’t get the banner smaller and the space above reduced. My site is:
    http://www.mysimplemindedlife.com/
    thanks

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Sandra!

I’ll go over the questions one by one:
    1). To display the custom header on a page, make sure you’ve chosen the needed header type from the drop-down list in the “Custom Header” box below the text editor area, while in the page edit mode.
    2). To decrease the empty space above the header, please go to “Appearance – Editor” and add the following line to the “style.css” file (should be opened by default):
    #header-top { margin-top: 20px !important; }
    and hit “Update File”. You can of course replace the “20” value with any other figure you like ;)
    3). To use a logo, just upload it through the theme options panel, “Page Elements” tab. Let me know if I understood the question correctly!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

sawid24
    Participant

Hi Andrew,
    Thank you for your reply. I got #1, but since I am somewhat illiterate in coding I can’t figure out where exactly i would ad the code in #2 above.
    For #3. When I upload my logo – banner it comes up really big on the site and wastes a lot of space, my question to reduce wasted space was partially answered with suggestion #2 (if I can figure out where to add it), but if that still does not look right, i would like to just put a small logo on like you have on your original fuji theme page (button on top with name). I did remove your logo with the fix recommended in another support post here. How would I be able to upload just a small logo to the left upper corner like your theme page shows?
    Sorry if I am somewhat confusing in my questions.

sawid24
    Participant

figured out everything else just need to know where to put the code for reducing the space on top…thank you

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Sandra,

Regarding #2: when in the admin panel, find the menu item “Appearance” in the left-hand-side menu; one of its sub-menus is “Editor” – open this one. A page will open with a textarea filled with code (this is the content of one of the theme files) and a vertical list of files on the right. The file that is open by default in the textarea is the one you need – just scroll to the bottom and add the code I’ve posted above ;) Do not forget to click “Update File” after you’ve pasted the code! In case you have troubles with this one, you can send me your admin login/password to support@satoristudio.net (no disclosure guaranteed) and I will insert the code for you.

Regarding #3: if you mean the logo with the “Fuji” letters and the red circle, as seen in the demo – this is just an image I’ve uploaded via the Theme Options (you can find it in the left admin menu). This image can be anything and it will show above the header image/slider. I can see that at the moment you’re experimenting with the logo :)

Hope this helps make things clearer!

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

sawid24
    Participant

Thanks Andrew ! Love your theme and not it great to work with (despite me being a novice), and your support is outstanding. I thought the code had to go into the header.php and that’s why i could not figure it out. It was very easy to fix. Thanks a lot.
    Sandra

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Glad it works :) Do not hesitate to contact me if something pops up!

Best,
    Andrew | Satori

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.