Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Change Menu font indepependent of body font

New Front EN Support Forums Kabuki Theme Support Change Menu font indepependent of body font

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I do need to have independent control of both the menu font and the body font, but there is no Theme Option for this, and no custom CSS field. The Theme Features stated that I could “easily change the color and font of any element,” so – unless I’m missing something – this is something of an unpleasant surprise. This is time-sensitive – please advise ASAP.

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey CrackleFactory,

you can use the following CSS to change the menu font separately from everything else:

#nav-primary {
    font-family: Arial;
    }

replacing “Arial” with the required font family. Custom CSS can be included via a child theme, the preferred way of modifying themes in WordPress.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Ian,

I’ve prepared a child theme for you, as well as an update to the Kabuki theme fixing a couple of bugs that were found along the way; please follow there steps to install the child theme:

1). If you’re using the background slider feature, go to the “Appearance -> Background Slider” and note (or make screenshots of) the settings you have in each of the tabs – there is a small probability that some of them may get nullified during the next step, so a backup is recommended.

2). Download the Kabuki_Intstallable.zip file I’ve sent to you by email, unzip it, and upload the containing “Kabuki” as a whole into the following directory inside your WordPress installation: /wp-content/themes/ using an FTP client or your hosting provider’s file manager – overwriting the existing files when prompted. Effectively, this step should overwrite your existing /wp-content/themes/Kabuki/ directory contents with the new ones.

3). Download the Kabuki-child.zip file I’ve sent you. Then go to “Appearance -> Themes” admin section and click on “Add New”, and then “Upload theme”. Upload the Kabuki-child.zip archive and activate the new child theme. The child already contains a stylesheet (style.css) with a declaration for the menu font which you can play with; you can also add your own CSS code into that file.

4). Go back to “Appearance -> Background Slider” and make sure your settings are intact; if they’re not, restore them using the notes taken in step 1.

Should you encounter issues on any of these steps, do not hesitate to contact me!

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Fantastic! Thanks very much; I’ll work on this in the morning.

Actually, I went ahead and installed it this evening.

So far – everything looks good, except the logo doesn’t seem to be resizing; now it’s just showing me a section of the large image. What’s the recommended actual size for the logo? I’ll just upload a new, smaller one…

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Ian,
    glad it worked! Please try a 116×120 pixels image for the logo.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.