Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Centering blog heading & removing page heading

New Front EN Support Forums Sensei Theme Support Centering blog heading & removing page heading

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    incraz
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

My very last question… I want to centre the post heading title. Entering HTML into the post editor page just results in two headings instead of one.

I would also like to remove the page heading that appears on the left just before the main body.

Thanks again,

Kari

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Kari,

in order for me to provide the most adequate code, please clarify:

1). Do you want to center the blog post headings on the individual posts OR on the blog page?

2). I am not sure I understood which heading you want to remove – could you make a screenshot or give a URL with description?

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

incraz
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Yes sure. The test site is http://www.zarcollective/elements/. On the home page you will notice the heading HOME directly under the header. On the blog page its the same, the heading is “the blog”. In the actual blog post the title “alexander brown” is also left aligned. If you scroll to the bottom of the blog page you will see the duplicated numbers I mentioned.

Thanks again,

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Kari,

you website you provided seems to be offline – could you please check it out?

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

incraz
    Participant

HI Andrew,

Sorry for my delay. Hmm I cant seem to work it out! It was working a couple of days ago. For now I seem to be able to get onto it through the following link. http://www.zarcollective.com/elements/trial-blog/. If this doesnt work I will send you screen shots!

Thanks,

Kari

incraz
    Participant

Hi Andrew,

Any luck?

Thanks

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Dear Kari,

to center the top-level headings and remove the post headings, please insert this code into style.css (go to “Appearance -> Editor”, this file should be opened by default:

#blog-header { text-align: center !important; } .blog .post-header { display: none; }

To remove the “Home” header on the front page, just leave blank the heading field in the page editor mode.

To get rid of the second pager (I cannot say exactly why it appears by just looking at the front-end code without access to the backend), please download this archive from my repository, unzip it, and upload the files in the following locations:

“pager.php” – into /wp-content/themes/Sensei/includes/pager/
    “index.php” – into /wp-content/themes/Sensei/

Sincerely,
    Andrew | Satori

incraz
    Participant

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.