Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383

Blog posts also on sep. page "Blog"?

New Front EN Support Forums Kanso Theme Support Blog posts also on sep. page "Blog"?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    maxw
    Participant

Hi Andrii,

first of all Kudos for a great theme, thanks!

I have a question about the Blog page: I use a one-page-layout for a non-profit in Germany: http://www.rt-passau.de
    I installed the theme yesterday and was able to work with it really well. However the Blog-Page:

With today’s update you uploaded I think I understand it is now possible to link to a single page that is not connected to the one-page-layout. However in my case I would like the permalink “www.rt-passau.de/blog” to show not only the page-text, but also all post-items / posts. Currently the posts are only accessible through the main page => click on post.

I would like a classic Blog-page with sidebar (as within in the posts) and pre-text.

I was wondering: possible with the current version?

One minor thing: On mobile devices e.g. iPhone 5 the post header’s border bottom sometimes collided with the text;
    I had to remove it in the Stylesheet so it would look good on all devices:

the .post-header h1 a {
    font-size: 40px;
    padding-bottom: 5px;

Just to let you know, maybe my fault?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

M

mmsatori
    Keymaster

Hey Max,

first of all, thank you for the purchase!

If you’re talking about the update I’ve provided in this topic, then yes, it should be possible to link to the blog using this method. The menu item you create should be a direct link to the blog posts page you’ve set in the “Settings -> Reading” admin section; for this, the “link” type of menu item would be most suitable, as it allows adding any URL you want (see the left-hand side of the “Appearance -> Menus” admin section.

Regarding the title underlines: the “line-height” declaration that immediately follows the commented-out line has been inserted to prevent exactly that :) not sure why it does not affect the title styling on your website, though – I can see that it is there in the style.css file. A side-note: I’d recommend using the CSS-style comments for commenting-out CSS lines, as described here – HTML-style comments may sometimes lead to unpredictable results.

Sincerely,
    Andrii / Satori Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.